15 Questions To Get To Know More About Our Attending Authors
1. What’s your favorite candy/snack/food while writing?
I never eat while I’m writing. I sip. In the fall/winter I drink hot chai tea all day and red wine at night. Then in the spring/summer I switch to iced green tea during the day and white wine at night.
2. Who is your favorite music artist?
What a cruel question! If I HAD to just pick one, like you put a gun to my head, I would probably say my all time favorite is Benjamin Gibbard – the front man for Death Cab for Cutie and Postal Service. Kanye West is pretty high on my list, too. He’s my karaoke go-to. But right now I’m listening to a lot of K. Flay, Phantogram, the new Red Hot Chili Peppers, New Politics, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, and The Lumineers.
3. If you could time travel, where would you go?
Nothing about the past appeals to me. If there are no smart phones I don’t want to go. The future might be cool, but my kids will be grown up then and less snuggly, so I’m a keep my happy ass right here in 2017.
4. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Write! Read! Complain about how frizzy the humidity is making my hair!
5. What is your pet peeve(s)?
6. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
I meditate. I’ve been meditating for about 7-8 years and I can honestly say that it has changed my life.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
I did change my name, sort of. I chose the name BB Easton because BB is my initials and Easton was what I wanted to name my daughter had she been a boy. It feels so much more authentic than my real name that I prefer to just go by BB now. Whenever someone says my real name I cringe.
8. What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?
Oh, I screw up instant mashed potatoes at least once a month. It’s amazing.
9. Would you rather bungee jump or skydive?
Neither! I’m not afraid of heights, I hate feeling scared. Horror movies are completely out of the question.
10. What is your favorite type of Hero? Heroine?
Tattooed bad boys all day errryday.
11. What is your favorite movie?
Man, that’s hard. I can’t pick just one. Lego Batman was the best movie I’ve seen this year. Last year was probably Deadpool. Trainwreck the year before that. And I still love Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
12. Who is your celebrity crush?
He’s not a celebrity, but male model Billy Huxley is the unofficial mascot for my Facebook group, #TeamBB. He’s also providing some major inspiration for my current work in progress, SPEED.
13. What is your biggest phobia?
Spiders. If my kids hear me scream they just roll their eyes and assume it was a spider. One day I’m gonna get straight up abducted and nobody’s even gonna notice because they’re all so desensitized to the sound of me screaming.
14. What word or words do you not like to read in a book?
Nub. It reminds me of what’s left after a limb gets amputated.
15. What is one thing about you that would surprise us?
I’m a certified school psychologist.