15 Questions To Get To Know More About Our Attending Authors
1. What’s your favorite candy/snack/food while writing?
2. Who is your favorite music artist?
3. If you could time travel, where would you go?
The future. 200 years maybe. Visit cities I’ve been to. See what IQ number won.
4. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Lounge in bed. Sleeping or reading.
5. What is your pet peeve(s)?
Hair touching my neck. If my fingernails aren’t cut very short. I can’t wear clothes to bed.
6. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Go get a coffee and toffeedoodle. (If anyone can get me the recipe, and I mean EXACTLY, you can have every book I will ever write, signed and delivered. Not kidding. My eldest has come close.)
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
I sort of get to do that already. No real sentimental reasons, but I like them. And I like alliteration.
8. What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?
I break dishes. Accidentally, but a lot. I don’t like cooking on my stove because I dirty it up like a toddler and cake.
9. Would you rather bungee jump or skydive?
If someone pushed me off/out of something high, because it would have to be an act of violence, it would depend on what I was falling on/into. If it were land, I’d rather be pushed out of a plane. I trust a parachute over a bungee cord for no logical reason. If it were over water, then bungee all the way. Either would lead me to some sort of narcotic addiction.
10. What is your favorite type of Hero? Heroine?
For a Hero, imperfect is too broad a word. I like them to have insecurities. I like for their alpha-ness to be a struggle. I like them smart with idiosyncrasies that make it difficult to either express their feelings or they just jump in heart first. They don’t do things the way life says is normal and healthy, and I’m a big fan of codependency.
For a Heroine, I like them impervious to slut shaming. I like them jaded, apathetic, strong, smart, but still able to feel desire and fall in love. Sometimes I like them a little foolish, but only with their hearts. And they swear a lot.
11. What is your favorite movie?
12. Who is your celebrity crush?
I’m a Cumberbitch, but I wouldn’t kick Eddie Redmayne outta bed.
13. What is your biggest phobia?
Spiders and falling from something high. Also spiders falling from something high. God, what a nightmare.
14. What word or words do you not like to read in a book?
I can’t think of anything specific. As a writer, I have a lot more patience in how others want to portray a story. I know how personal it can be. If pussy is portrayed as “moist lady garden”, I’d probably cringe, but it would really have to be epidemic for me to beg for it to stop.
15. What is one thing about you that would surprise us?
I don’t know. How about y’all let me know in July because I’m curious.
1. What is your favorite sex toy?
I’m fickle and the novelty wears off quickly if I find something interesting. So, just an average size dildo. Woo.
2. Who is your daddy?
Idris Elba. I would call him daddy.