15 Questions To Get To Know More About Our Attending Authors
1. What’s your favorite candy/snack/food while writing?
Always have iced tea and coffee nearby. Unfortunately, potato chips visit my desk more often than they should.
2. Who is your favorite music artist?
So hard! I listen to music constantly and my favorite at any given time depends on my mood. Adele and Alicia Keys always seem to make the list.
3. If you could time travel, where would you go?
Back to when my mom was a teenager and started smoking. I’d tell her to cut that shit out. We lost her way too young to fucking cancer.
4. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Read of course!
5. What is your pet peeve(s)?
Drivers who wait until the last possible second to merge even though there were signs a mile back saying the lane was ending.
6. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Listen to my “feel good” playlist on my iPod and snuggle my puppy.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
Technically, Livia Grant is the name I chose when I started writing. I knew I wanted an “L” first name and loved Livia. I wanted a strong, short, easy to spell last name and Grant is in my family history. Livia Grant was born.
8. What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?
The night I gave myself second degree burns because I was an idiot. One of my husband’s favorite desserts is called Dutch Baby (my MIL’s recipe) The crust is baked in a cast iron skillet at high temperatures. I took it out of the oven and then was cleaning up and forgetting to use a potholder, proceeded to pick up the still hot handle and carry it to the sink while it burned the flesh off my hand. I’ve never called myself a ‘dumbass’ more times in one twenty-four hour period as I did then. After feeling this pain, my heart truly goes out to burn victims.
9. Would you rather bungee jump or skydive?
Skydiving sounds fun. I might need a push out of a perfectly good airplane though.
10. What is your favorite type of Hero? Heroine?
Heroines have to be smart. I don’t do well with stupid or silly heroines that I find myself wanting to slap.
Heroes come in so many wonderful and different packages, but I guess my favorite is a bad boy who is a bit arrogant, who straddles the line between good and bad like a pro (taking me to the edge) , but then loses his shit when he meets his heroine. Like so many other readers, I love to see the transformation a bad boy can make when he meets his match.
11. What is your favorite movie?
Bridget Jones’s Diary (the first one)
12. Who is your celebrity crush?
I wouldn’t turn down a romp with Charlie Hunnam. I’m just saying.
13. What is your biggest phobia?
Something bad happening to someone I love.
14. What word or words do you not like to read in a book?
Not necessarily a word, but I don’t like when authors get too flowery with their body part descriptions. ‘honey pot,’ and ‘flower petals’ come to mind.
15. What is one thing about you that would surprise us?
I’m sure I could shock the hell out of some of the people in my real life that don’t know I’m a dark, erotic romance author, but I’m thinking the crowd reading in this genre are hard to surprise. If you’ve read my work, I’m hoping my stories take you to the edge and surprise you a little.