15 Questions To Get To Know More About Our Attending Authors
1. What’s your favorite candy/snack/food while writing?
Trolli’s Sour Brite Crawlers. I’m obsessed with those things. I eat them with Red Bull, which leaves me bouncing off the walls.
2. Who is your favorite music artist?
Incubus. “Love Hurts” and “Anna Molly” are two of my favorite songs. And looking at Brandon Boyd doesn’t hurt either. 😉
3. If you could time travel, where would you go?
To the future! I’d love to see what the world looks like fifty, maybe sixty, years down the road.
4. What do you like to do on a rainy day?
Read. Horizontal tango with Mr. Emily. Both. Not at the same time, though, or Mr. Emily gets offended.
5. What is your pet peeve(s)?
Dirty kitchens and bathrooms or when one of my kids (I have about eighty kids, guys) takes off with my phone charger.
6. When you’re having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Play music. The worse my day is, the angstier the music.
7. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
Lyra. I’ve always loved that name—I was a big fan of Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials series where the main character is named Lyra—and I even considered using it for one of my girls.
8. What’s your biggest screw up in the kitchen?
Scrambling eggs. Oh god, I suck at making scrambled eggs. I turn them into a charred tragedy. Ask me to make a cheesecake from scratch or lasagna with homemade sauce and I’ve got you. Eggs? Not if you take your food edible.
9. Would you rather bungee jump or skydive?
Neither. Can I pick that? I’m horribly afraid of heights.
10. What is your favorite type of Hero? Heroine?
I love alpha males and bad ass heroines. It’s why Karen Marie Moning’s FEVER series is one of my absolute favorite book series.
11. What is your favorite movie?
Ever After. I was in my early teens when it first came out, and I still remember sighing when Danielle and Henry shared their first kiss.
12. Who is your celebrity crush?
Chris Hemsworth. Ah, hell, just give me all the men named Chris (Hemsworth, Evans, Pine, and Pratt).
13. What is your biggest phobia?
See #9. I’m TERRIFIED of heights. I went on a hike with my kids last month. Turns out, the trail goes up to a pretty high elevation without a railing. I thought I was going to cry! It was horrible.
14. What word or words do you not like to read in a book?
Not much bothers me, so I’ll read just about any word.
15. What is one thing about you that would surprise us?
I wanted to be a music teacher when I was a kid! I went to school for voice before I changed my mind.
1. What is your favorite sex toy?
The silver bullet. It’s awesome.
2. Who is your daddy?
Jon Snow. He just doesn’t realize it yet because he knows nothing.